- Thank you for joining our Worship Service – in-person or remotely; we also thank the many brothers and sisters laboring together to make this worship service possible.
- In compliance with Provincial health guidelines, we have 50 seats available for worshipers in the sanctuary. Please pre-register through church website.
- Children Sunday School takes place in the gym for children K to Gr. 7 at 10:45 AM. Online Sunday School classes for Pre-school to Gr. 7 take place at 9 AM on Zoom. Please check your email from the Children Ministry or visit fec-richmond.com for more details.
- Thanksgiving Offering 2020 will conclude on Saturday, Oct. 31st. We invite you to participate as our grateful response to the Lord’s mercy and keeping during the COVID-19 pandemic. This year’s TG offering will be distributed as follows:
- 25% Union Gospel Mission: Meals and Outreach; Alcohol & Drug Recovery; Shelter & Housing
- 12.5% Far East Broadcasting Canada: publicizes and promotes global Christian broadcasting network within Canada
- 12.5% Vancouver Chinese Christian Short-Term Mission Training Centre
- 25% Samaritan’s Purse Canada – COVID-19 relief in the Philippines
- 25% Operation Mobilization Canada – ministry among refugees in Greece
You may use any one of these options:
- Cheque / Cash
- Interac e-Transfer
- Charitable Impact – using credit cards
Make sure you indicate “Thanksgiving” together with the designated amount. If you have any questions, please contact our church office: email@example.com
- If you are burdened to come together to pray for brothers and sisters who have requested our prayer, join us in the Virtual Worship room at 10:15 AM each Sunday. We’ll pray in small groups, and end by 10:30 AM.
- UP Fellowship (age 18-30) cordially invites you to their Mid-Autumn Festival Event today in the gym, 12:15 to 2:15 PM. Cost is $10 per person; maximum of 30 people.
- Join us on Zoom this Saturday (Oct. 31) from 4-5 PM for Hallelujah Night.
- Both Youth (High School) and College/University Sunday School have on-site meetings every Sunday. College Sunday school goes from 9 to 10:15 AM, and Youth Sunday School meets from 10:45 AM to 12 PM. Virtual options are available for those who cannot attend in-person on Sunday. We welcome those aged 18 to 25 to join our College Sunday school; please contact Jansen @ +1 (236) 777-7782 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tiffany @ (604) 349-8148 (email@example.com).
- Please join us in partnering with Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child to bring cheer to 50 boys and girls around the world by letting them know that God loves them and has not forgotten them during this pandemic. Let us come together as a community, whether we participate as a family, small group, fellowship—may this offering be a celebration of God’s goodness to us and a way to bring hope to others.There are different ways to get involved. Donate money or “wow” toys, pack your own box or come to the FEC packing party on November 20! Whichever you choose, just register before the Nov 15 deadline. Register Here.
October’s Consistory Announcements
We praise the Lord for His provision and continued protection when we opened our facilities for the English congregation worship service on September 13th, for the Youth Ministry to meet at various times in addition to Sundays, and for Children’s Ministry in-person Sunday school program, which started on Oct. 11th. These in-person re-gatherings are all in addition to being able to continue to access these programs online.
We thank you for the Thanksgiving offerings we have received so far. We also thank the Finance Committee for their work in collating feedbacks from our various ministries to set up our 2021 Church Budget.
We are also blessed to have Alvin Wee and Rebecca Lim working on the logistics of this year’s Annual Membership Meeting planned for December 6th. We will provide you with more details closer to this date.
We covet your prayers for the General Services Committee in their work on our septic tank replacement project, the Pastoral Search Committee, the Church Accountant Search Committee, and our Consistory in its ongoing discussions on FEC’s longer-term plans with regards to the changes happening in the Reformed Church in America (RCA).
We thank the Lord for His gracious provision through your continued faithful and sacrificial giving during these difficult and challenging times. As of September 30th, 2020, we are operating at a surplus of $29K.