- Thank you for joining our Worship Service – in-person or remotely. We thank Pastor Sandy Hung for sharing God’s Word with us today; we also thank the many brothers and sisters laboring together to make this worship service possible.
- Last Sunday we welcomed our children (K to Gr. 7) to their on-site Sunday School classes. The gymnasium is the zone designated for Children Ministry, separate from the sanctuary and thus able to accommodate up to 50 students and parents. In compliance with Provincial health guidelines, we have 50 seats available for worshipers in the sanctuary. Please register online through our website (fec-richmond.com) if you plan to be at church on Sunday for worship or Sunday School.
- A big “Thank you!” to the parents for submitting your child’s thanksgiving artwork for the “Thanksgiving / Praise video to the Lord” shown last Sunday. Special thanks to Jadon and Jeannie Lao for collating the pictures into video format. We also thank our young adults for their “Thanksgiving” video, and Sean Uy for putting these video clips together. Praise the Lord for giving us different gifts and passion.
- This Thanksgiving season, we invite everyone to participate in FEC’s annual Thanksgiving Offering as our grateful response to the Lord’s mercy and keeping during the COVID-19 pandemic. This year’s TG offering will be distributed as follows:
- 25% Union Gospel Mission: Meals and Outreach; Alcohol & Drug Recovery; Shelter & Housing
- 12.5% Far East Broadcasting Canada: publicizes and promotes global Christian broadcasting network within Canada
- 12.5% Vancouver Chinese Christian Short-Term Mission Training Centre
- 25% Samaritan’s Purse Canada – COVID-19 relief in the Philippines
- 25% Operation Mobilization Canada – ministry among refugees in Greece
Your designated Thanksgiving Offering will be received throughout the month of October;
use any one of these options:
- Cheque / Cash
- Interac e-Transfer
- Charitable Impact – using credit cards
Please make sure you indicate “Thanksgiving” together with the amount you wish to give. If you have any questions, please contact our church office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are burdened to come together to pray for brothers and sisters who have requested our prayer, join us in the Virtual Worship room at 10:15 AM each Sunday. We’ll pray in small groups, and end by 10:30 AM.
- UP Fellowship (age 18-30) cordially invites you to their Mid-Autumn Festival Event next Sunday, Oct. 25 th in the gym, 12:15 to 2:15 PM. Cost is $10 per person; maximum of 30 people. RSVP to email@example.com by Friday, Oct. 23rd.
- Have you registered yourself and your family for Hallelujah Night? The deadline is October 21. Take a photo of the link shown on PowerPoint slide to register. Pick up your “Pumpkin & Treat” at church on Oct. 24 (10-12 noon). Put on your costumes and submit photo or video to (firstname.lastname@example.org). Join us on Zoom Saturday, Oct. 31 from 4-5 PM.
- Both Youth (High School) and College/University Sunday School have on-site meetings every Sunday. College Sunday school goes from 9 to 10:15 AM, and Youth Sunday School meets from 10:45 AM to 12 PM. Virtual options are available for those who cannot attend in-person on Sunday. We welcome those aged 18 to 25 to join our College Sunday school; please contact Jansen @ +1 (236) 777-7782 (email@example.com) or Tiffany @ (604) 349-8148 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Children from Kindergarten to Grade 7 are invited to re-join their Sunday School classes in person every Sunday at 10:45 AM. Online Sunday School classes for Pre-school to Gr. 7 take place at 9 AM every Sunday on Zoom. Please check your email from the Children Ministry or visit fec-richmond.com for more details.
- On November 20, we are planning to come together as a community to pack at least 50 Samaritans Purse’s “Operation Christmas Child” shoe boxes. This is our way of spreading Christmas cheer to children in the developing world. Please pray/consider how you & your family can participate in this project. More details coming next Sunday!