- Thank you for joining our Worship Service on this first Sunday of the Advent Season. “Welcome” and “Thank You!” to Pastor Jorge Lin for sharing God’s Word with us. We pray that our time together before the Lord has been an encouragement to you. We also thank the many brothers and sisters laboring together to make this worship service possible.
- From Nov. 19 to December 7, indoor and outdoor gatherings of any size, including In-person Worship Services are prohibited to flatten the curve of COVID-19. All in-person worship, meetings and activities at FEC are on hold until further notice. We will update you of any change as the situation evolves.
- Next Sunday (Dec. 6th) we celebrate Holy Communion; let us prepare our hearts to come before the Lord. Due to our virtual Annual Membership Meeting at 11:45 AM, the Service will start at 10:30 AM (instead of 10:45). We encourage you to worship with brothers and sisters using Zoom as this will be the same venue for our AGM.
- Parents and children: Join us every Sunday online for Sunday School (Preschool to Grade 7) at 9:00 AM.
Let’s continue to learn, connect and praise the Lord together.
- If you are burdened to come together to pray for brothers and sisters who have requested our prayer, join us in the Virtual Worship room at 10:15 AM each Sunday. We’ll pray in small groups, and end by 10:30 AM.
- Brothers and sisters who subscribed to Right Now Media through FEC: “Thank You” for signing up; a reminder that you need to create a personal account/profile to access to the materials.
- Many thanks to everyone who participated in Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan’s Purse). As a church community, we donated & packed 118 shoeboxes for boys and girls in need this Christmas season. The total amount of donation received from Chinese and English congregations was $4,106.80. This amount was used to buy items such as school supplies, “wow” toys and clothes for shoeboxes packed at church. The remaining amount was donated to Samaritan’s Purse for shipping costs and “Journey with Jesus”, discipleship lessons to help a child become a faithful follower of Jesus Christ.
- FEC-UP’s Praise & Prayer will take place virtually Sunday evening (Nov. 29), 7 to 8:30PM. The Zoom link has been sent to everyone who rsvp’d. Since it is online, the invitation is being extended to the families of students or young adults as well. Please join in and participate with your siblings and parents.
FEC’s Annual Membership Meeting Notice:
The 2020 Annual General Meeting will be held virtually at 11:45 AM by Zoom right after the Holy Communion Worship Service next Sunday (Dec. 6th). Your attendance is of utmost importance as we need at least 50% of active members present in order to reach quorum, or the AGM will not be able to proceed, and another date will have to be set.
We thank the Lord for the following brothers and sister willing to let their names stand for election.
Elder Candidate: Willie Si
Deacon Candidates: Ricardo Lim; Kenneth Tiu
Deacon Candidate: Jennifer Syyong
Testimonies and photos of candidates are posted in our website under Events: AGM & Election 2020.
Due to the pandemic, voting is conducted by email, ahead of our AGM. Voting instructions were sent out last Sunday. If you are a member please check your email and vote. If you still have not receive the instructions, please check your “Junk Mail” folder under this heading: Fujian Evangelical Church – vote now.
As the number of candidates is less than the number of elders and deacons we need, candidates will be elected using the affirmation method. Deacons need at least 50% of the votes, and elders need at least 2/3 of the votes to be declared elected.