- Thank you for joining our Worship Service; we pray that our time together before the Lord has been an encouragement to you. We also thank the many brothers and sisters laboring together to make this worship service possible.
- Due to increasing cases of COVID-19 and the resulting strain on health care capacity, the latest province-wide health order issued by Dr. Henry on November 19th prohibits indoor and outdoor gatherings of any size. In-person worship services are prohibited from November 19 to December 7, and may be renewed as Dr. Henry deems necessary. All in-person worship, meetings and activities at FEC will be placed on hold until further notice. We will update you of any change as we prayerfully monitor the situation.
- Parents and children: Join us every Sunday online for Sunday School (Preschool to Grade 7) at 9:00 AM.
Let’s continue to learn, connect and praise the Lord together.
- If you are burdened to come together to pray for brothers and sisters who have requested our prayer, join us in the Virtual Worship room at 10:15 AM each Sunday. We’ll pray in small groups, and end by 10:30 AM.
- Our Consistory meets a second time this Tuesday evening via Zoom. We covet your prayers for God’s guidance and wisdom.
- FEC sisters and brothers: We can now access thousands of video Bible Studies through Right Now Media (RN Media). These materials will help us grow deeper spiritually and strengthen our connections as a community. Sign up by sending an email to email@example.com by today, so that we can release your email address to RN Media; then RN Media will send you an email to get you started.
- Many thanks to everyone who participated in Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan’s Purse). All packed boxes have been dropped off at an OCC Collection Centre.
- FEC-UP’s event on November 29 – Praise & Prayer, 7 to 8:30PM – will be virtual. The Zoom link will be sent on Saturday evening to everyone who rsvp’d. Since it will be online, the invitation is being extended to the families of students or young adults as well. Please join in and participate with your siblings and parents.
FEC’s Annual Membership Meeting Notice:
Our 2020 Annual General Meeting will be held virtually by Zoom after the Holy Communion Worship Service on December 6th at 11:45 AM. Our virtual Holy Communion Service will begin at 10:30 AM (instead of 10:45). Please mark your calendars for this important event. Your attendance is of utmost importance as we need at least 50% of active members present in order to reach quorum, or the AGM will not be able to proceed, and another date will have to be set.
We thank the Lord for the following brothers and sister willing to let their names stand for election.
Elder Candidate: Willie Si
Deacon Candidates: Ricardo Lim; Kenneth Tiu
Deacon Candidate: Jennifer Syyong
As the number of candidates is less than the number of elders and deacons we need, candidates will be elected using the affirmation method. Deacons need at least 50% of the votes, and elders need at least 2/3 of the votes to be declared elected.
Due to the pandemic, voting will be done separately by email, ahead of our AGM on Dec. 6th. Please watch for an email today with detailed instructions.